garten’s Health & Safety Commitment
We are committed to providing exemplary service which includes diligence in keeping the health and safety of both the garten employees as well as your own a top priority.
As part of our commitment to this role our Enterprise Health and Safety team closely monitors updates to prescribed best practices at the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and World Health Organization (WHO) websites to inform any necessary enhanced measures that garten will employ during a health crisis.
At garten we pride ourselves in providing your healthy snack, beverage and/or culinary programs. As your wellness business partner, we know we are more than your office kitchen concierge and as such we are as concerned about the overall wellbeing of your employees as you are.
If you have additional questions please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
garten vaccination compliance notice
Furthermore, garten will continue following the guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) established health and safety protocols including proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), observing proper social distancing, and following guidelines for personal and equipment sanitizing procedures.
Additionally, we are requiring all ambassadors to get tested if they have been in close contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19. garten continues to execute thorough contact tracing practices and communications. Ambassadors who test positive must be free of symptoms for 5 days prior to returning to field operations. We acknowledge that some facilities have longer timeframes before returning to their facility after testing positive, garten always honors the policies set by our clients.
If further proof of vaccination or other accommodations are required, please reach directly out to garten’s risk and compliance team.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
James McDaniel | garten Head of Risk and Safety
Health & Safety
with garten Kitchen
At garten, we are grateful to be your workplace wellbeing partner. As part of our commitment to this role, and in light of the current Coronavirus Disease (Covid-19) concerns, these are the proactive and socially responsible practices we follow to help prevent the spread of this contagious disease as we provide services in your workplace.
- We provide mandatory training and education to all garten Warehouse, Delivery, Culinary and Happiness crew members on best practices to avoid the spread of contagious disease, as prescribed by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Team members have been advised to take their temperature before coming to work.
- Team members wear personal protective equipment, such as disposable gloves and face coverings while they are working with food and/or in kitchen areas.
- Team members will wash their hands regularly following CDC approved guidelines. When hand washing is not available, e.g. Delivery crew member on route, hand sanitizer has been provided.
- Team members will conduct disinfection and sanitation tasks on food contact surfaces following FDA approved disinfectants that are safe for food contact surfaces and touch points.
- Team members will service your Kitchen during off hours. In most cases this time is between 6pm to 9am. When more than one garten team member services your Kitchen, they will observe social distancing standards.
Our Enterprise Health and Safety team closely monitors updates to prescribed best practices at the CDC, FDA, and WHO websites to continuously inform or enhance our health and safety measures.
We encourage you to join our team members in practicing preventative measures by eating healthy snacks and meals, getting plenty of rest, staying well hydrated, and being active. Additionally we are inviting you to follow best practices that will help you minimize the transmission of contagious disease.
- Remain home if you are feeling ill – coughing, sneezing, fever, etc.
- Wash your hands frequently and/or use hand sanitizer.
- Wear a face covering and/or avoid touching your nose, eyes and mouth.
- Avoid shaking hands and other close contact.
- Make use of the single-use and disinfectant supplies that we’ve made available in your Kitchens.
Health & Safety
with garten Catering
- All culinary team members are equipped with disposable gloves, face masks and/or shields, hair and beard nets and sanitation supplies.
- Culinary team members attend updated Personal Protective Equipment policy training, as well as Social Distancing, and Workplace Safety training concerning Covid-19.
- We have enhanced and increased the frequency of Sanitation Touch Point Wipes that takes place throughout each workday.
- Using a safe sanitation solution, Culinary team members are directed to wipe the exterior packaging of food products prior to storing them.
- Culinary team members are required to check their body temperature before leaving for work every day.
- Culinary team members perform their functions within the designated/marked 6 ft distancing work stations.
- Culinary team members rotate break and lunch times to ensure proper social distancing during these off-work times.
Low Touch Buffet: a white glove service, free of charge.
- garten employees will compose your plates for you throughout the buffet. This eliminates service utensils being handled by all of the employees in your office. All garten servers will be in full PPE.
- We also offer the option to install sneeze guards
Contactless drop-off delivery & pick-up.
An alternative option for service is drop-off delivery. garten will drop the food off at your office and and will then return to pick it up. This is a great option if you’d prefer not to have excess staff in your office.