This month, Oh My Green’s Chef Mike Delgado shares this delicious recipe which we’re sure will become a favorite. These meatballs are easy to prepare and are guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser!
3 cups barley
½ cup purple cauliflower florets
½ cup of brown lentils
3 tablespoons of tapioca starch
1 cup of flour
3 tablespoons of garlic powder
3 tablespoons of onion powder
Tomato sauce of your choice
Salt and Pepper
1. Add 1 cup water and 1⁄2 cup lentils to a medium pot. Cook on low until lentils are tender.
2. Add 5 cups water and 3 cups barley to a medium pot. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for about 25 minutes or until barley is done.
3. Boil 1/2 cup cauliflower florets. Set aside and let it cool.
4. Drain cauliflower, lentils, and barley.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
6. Combine barley, lentils, cauliflower, tapioca starch, flour, garlic powder, and onion powder in a food processor.
7. Roll mixture into the desired size. (Suggested: 2 tablespoons per meatball)
8. Roast meatballs for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. In a small pan, take the meatballs and let stew in your favorite tomato sauce for 25 minutes.
10. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Oh My Green is a tech-based concierge-style provider of healthy food and wellness services for corporations of all sizes. If you’re not an Oh My Green customer, then get on board and make the upgrade now!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Teresa Liu is a Certified Nutritionist and member of Oh My Green’s amazing culinary team. She works alongside Oh My Green chefs to promote healthy eating and wellness throughout our customers in the San Francisco Bay Area.