Searching for a cozy and quick soup recipe to bring to Thanksgiving dinner?
This 20-minute Butternut Squash Soup is a simple, easy and delicious side dish for a holiday dinner party or a quick healthy lunch to enjoy during fall cold weather. It’s vegan, paleo, Whole30, gluten-free, dairy-free and low-carb.
20-minute Butternut Squash Soup
SERVINGS: 4 BOWLS PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup white onion – chopped
3 garlic cloves – minced
2 pounds butternut squash peeled – seeds removed and cubed
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth – use less if you prefer a thicker soup
1 1/2 cups almond milk
Pistachios and fresh parsley – chopped
• In a large stock pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
•Add in the onion, stir to coat with olive oil and cook for about 2-4 minutes. Then, add in garlic and cook until the garlic becomes fragrant.
• Add in the butternut squash, salt, pepper, turmeric, paprika and onion powder. Sauté for about 5-7 minutes. Stir occasionally.
• Add in vegetable broth and almond milk, stir to combine.
• Bring to a boil and then to a simmer for another 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and using an immersion blender, puree the soup ingredients until combined and smooth. Taste to adjust seasoning.
• Serve into bowls and top with pistachios and parsley.
This recipe is adapted from Primavera.